Monday, October 1, 2012

Montana

A day and a half after Kam and I got back from our cruise, Grant and I joined my mom on a quick trip to Montana.  My grandma grew up in Montana in a little town called Deer Lodge and we used to visit family up there when I was a kid.  We have just a small amount of family left up there and mom wanted to visit.  We didn't have a lot of time (we went up Sunday afternoon and came back Wednesday), but it was a nice trip and it's always great to visit with family.  Sunday evening we spent chatting with my grandma's cousin's widow cousin Elsie.  She is a funny lady!  Monday, my mom wanted to go to the cemetery to visit the rest of our relatives (yes, that is one place my mom ALWAYS has to visit while there), so I put on my walking shoes, put Grant in the stroller, and we were on our way.  Now, I don't usually take walking shoes on short road trips, but knowing my mom, I wanted to be prepared :P  After the cemetery, we walked to town, went to an awesome store called "New to You" (seriously awesome!  I spent $9 and got a winter coat, 3 shirts and some overalls for Grant, pants for me and a shirt for Kam!)  and then walked to the grocery store, stopping at my great grandma's house.  Elsie decided we'd walked enough and came to pick us up to go to lunch.  Tuesday we walked back to town.  Elsie couldn't believe we could walk that much.  The rest of the time we spent helping Elsie with odd jobs.  It may not have been the most exciting trip I've ever been on, but it was definitely a good time.  I love being with my family and Grant was excited to see new things!

As usual, I took a lot of pictures of Grant (he's just so cute!) but my mom has most of the pictures from this trip :)

 What do I do with these mommy?  Grant's first time with crayons :)

 Nope, that's not what they're for!

 Visiting graves of our ancestors

 So sweet!  Notice how we lost a shoe? :}

 Grant really enjoyed the cemetery

 Cheese!

 Playing with mommy!

 Elsie has the best yard, we had to get pictures out there!

 Grant with Grandma

 Oh, a bee!!

 Really, another picture?!?

 It was REALLY hard to get a good picture with the snake!

On the way home.  Grant was fascinated by this M&M at a gas station!

No comments:

Post a Comment