Monday, September 19, 2011

Introducing Baby Ballentine

My name is Grant Lloyd.  I was named after one of Daddy's grandpas and one of Mommy's grandpas.  I was born Tuesday Sept 13 @ 9:48 PM.  The doctor says I was 8 days late, Mommy says 3, and I say I was just on time! At birth, I was 22 inches long and weighed 8 lbs 4 oz but when Mommy and Daddy took me home, I was down to a nice 7 lbs 12 oz. I have dark eyes for now and my hair is dark, maybe with a hint of red.  Mommy was born with dark hair too, so they're still thinking I will have red hair like Mommy and Daddy.  Everyone says I look like my Daddy.  My most distinguishing feature is a cyst under my chin that makes me look like I have a double chin.  It doesn't bother me any, but if it doesn't go away, I may need to have surgery for it. My hobbies and interests include eating, burping, sleeping, pooping and peeing, cuddling, making awesome faces to make Mommy and Daddy laugh and making people say "aww."  I cry sometimes too, but mostly when I'm being tortured by gas, a diaper change or my bath.  My Mommy says I have good lungs.  I also like to look around my new world and try to figure out what's going on.  Sometimes I think my parents don't know my name.  They have called me such things as baby, little man, buddy, pretty boy, cuddlykins, bugaboo and precious.  I hope none of these stick!!  At least I know my Mommy and Daddy love me!



Checking out the world.



Yup, wrapped around my little finger.



2 comments:

  1. I think he is just so cute and is the luckiest kids to be have you guys as parents!!Kirstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging! Grant is so darling, I so wish I could come smother him with hugs and kisses from his auntie!

    ReplyDelete