Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Christmas 2012

Late is better than never, so here is my Christmas post....

This year, Grant realized something different was happening, but he still didn't understand the whole Christmas thing.  But that's ok, because I still had a lot more fun having a child for the holiday and that's all that matters!


 Grant had a lot of fun decorating the tree.  He did pretty good
at leaving the decorations on the tree most of the time.

Kam likes pulling faces, especially when he thinks it's 
silly that I'm taking more pictures...

 I was excited to put our newest ornament from Alaska on the tree!

We spent the weekend before and Christmas at my parents' house.  It was really nice to be there with them for a few days.  Grant enjoyed the extra attention.  Christmas Eve was spent baking much of the day (as per tradition) for our evening feast.  We had most of my family there for the dinner and games so it was good and noisy.  We loved it!  Grant did not want to hang his sock, in fact he cried, but that's because it was past his bedtime.  Poor little guy!


 Daddy trying to convince Grant it will be fun to hang the stocking!

 Grant tried to run away...

 Isn't that a sad face?!?!

One of our family traditions is to play Christmas Cards (like Bingo) on Christmas Eve.  We have all sorts of silly, lame jokes that are repeated every year but we still love it. 

 My big brother wins the pink fuzzy socks almost every year!  
We all love waiting to see if he gets them.

 My sister, niece and sister in law sitting by the "fire" and concentrating on the game

 Goofing off with my oldest niece.

 My baby brother and his awesome wife (who we think is still
secretly worried about our sanity during this game...)

There's the handsome man I married :P

Another niece (Grant is the only grandson!) enjoying the game.


After the game, my brothers and their families left so it was time to hang stockings and go to bed so Santa Claus could come! 

 Seriously, I don't think he likes normal pictures...

 Aren't our stockings cute?  My wonderful mother in law made them!


Christmas morning was fun.  Grant may not have understood what was going on, but he certainly understood new toys and chocolate!!  

 Daddy bringing Grant through the curtain to see what Santa brought.

 Hmm, what is this pile for??

 Is this mine??

 Trying out the new toys...

 He loved the new books and the block train!

 Grant enjoyed watching us try out Just Dance 4   :}

 Opening presents!

Such a cutie!


I was supposed to work on Christmas but luckily I got cancelled so we didn't have to rush through the day!  I just love watching my son figure things out and look forward to many more Christmases with my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment